Saturday 14 July 2012

Week Seven



Sexual Intimacy

THE FIRST COMMANDMENT that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God’s commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.


This is a very sacred topic. Although it is not the most important part of a marriage, it is a barometer for other aspects. As I thought of what I wanted to discuss, I thought that I would instead include some resources from those who can express it better than I. There are so many wrong and negative views given multiple times a day, that it can be hard to keep a proper view of what intimacy is, and why it is important and beautiful. These talks have helped me to know what the proper role and view is, and to correct it in my mind.  This way I can continue to refer back to this as I learn more about this later in my life, and encounter any challenges. These are references that have blessed my understanding on this topic.

“Of Souls, Symbols and Sacraments” by Jeffrey R. Holland
“Bridle All your Passions” by Elder Hafen
“Making the Right Choices” by Elder Scott
“Things as They Really Are” by Elder Bednar
“The Fountain of Life” by Elder Packer
“Statements on Intimacy in Marriage” from the Eternal Marriage Manual

No comments:

Post a Comment